Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

My first late entry and it's only our third entry, ahhh! Also bad because I swear I have the worst memory ever so it will be hard for me to recap Monday-Thursday... lol, how sad is that??

I won't bore you with the details of my work days Monday-Wednesday but after work Monday I went and purchased some items for a charity that my work is teaming with this year for at least the second year in a row (I've only been there since July of last year). We are putting together Holiday Stockings for low income seniors in the community. I am passionate about being involved in this for two reasons; I really enjoy volunteering and being a part of organizations that do good for others and I feel strongly about seniors being given the respect and resources they deserve. I love America but I must say, compared to most cultures I feel like our country does not take care of their seniors like other countries do. So please, if you have items like toothbrushes, cards, crossword puzzles, lotion, etc. please let me know or participate yourself, details can be found on nwpilotproject.org.

http://www.nwpilotproject.org/images/IMGP0963_1.JPG

Tuesday my friend Maima left for Liberia for two weeks and my baby came home after being gone a week and a half. It was our first time away from each other since we got married, we missed each other very much. I swear we're not codependant though! Lol. Oh and here's a funny story from his trip;

Whenever Mike travels to Omaha for work he stays with The Katzers across the river in Iowa. They recently moved to a new house so when Mike got into town, he went to the car rental place (more on that later, lol), got his car for the week and put in their new address into the GPS. Upon finding the house, Mike parks and starts hauling his stuff inside. As he's finishing up, an older man and his son come walking down the stairs with a puzzled look on their faces and asked how they may help Mike. Turns out he put the address wrong into his GPS and ended up walking into someone else's home, not The Katzer's! Hahaha. Oh yeah, and his rental car was a mini van. LOL.

Michael would like to add that the only thing that soiled our reunion was that The Blazers ended their 11 game winning streak and a single tear was shed. These are his words, exactly.

"He told me to say exactly this as he chooses his words very deliberately." <--- if anyone catches this reference, you get 10 brownie points ;)

And since mentioning The Portland TrailBlazers, here's a photo of Mike and I at a game earlier this month. This is where we beat the Sacramento Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment